Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Faith Busters

Why is it that some people who call themselves Christians judge people they don't know and think that is OK? I mean, I am sure I have done the same thing at times, but, for the most part I try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

I have faith. I believe in God. I am a Christian. I would NEVER send an anonymous e-mail to someone telling them they are sinners and they hope I come to Christ. They obviously don't know me, so, why would they judge me, judge my FAITH? This is an e-mail that obviously came from a member of a site that I am a moderator on.

I pray that God will guide you into a more Christian lifestyle. May you discover
that He loves you despite your many sins. May you one day embrace His love with
complete devotion. If not, may He have mercy on your soul.

Why is that OK? I know, it's a free world, free speech, blah, blah, blah...

But, it gives me doubt that FAITH and CHRISTIANITY are where it needs to be. Why do people use FAITH as a crutch? Why do some use it as a judgement tool?

That is not what FAITH is about. Faith in Christ, to me, is love, forgiveness, helping each other, support, believing, redemption, security, safety, life after death, and I could go on.

I don't believe it is to crucify, judge, hate, spite, or use against someone.

I will suffice to say, people can make a determination about me, they can think I am mean, nice, a bully, a friend, a confidant, even a bitch. You are allowed to have an opinion of me. However, you are not allowed to judge my walk with Christ or my Faith. That is not for anyone to decide but my Maker!

To the person who sent me the e-mail, you don't know me, you can't judge me, you can't cast the first stone or make me a crown of thorns, you can't take away from the the one thing that I have and hold on to on a daily basis - my FAITH. I won't judge your Christianiy. I won't speak ill will of you, I don't know you. But I will say I hope that you think next time you decide to cast judgement upon someone you don't know anything about.



God Bless!

No comments: